It can feel hard to know what to write about in blogs and what to share on social media, particularly if you’ve been creating marketing content for several years. It’s normal to hit a wall and feel all out of ideas!
But, help is at hand! With national awareness days as content prompts, I’m confident that you will be able to come up with lots of topics to write about. Each calendar month, there are so many awareness days or celebration days that could inspire great blog and Instagram post ideas!
Related reading: A step-by-step guide to using awareness days in your photo marketing content
Awareness days are invaluable as content prompts
If you’re open to the possibility of how awareness days could help you with your marketing content creation then keep reading. In this article, I’m going to share some of the monthly, weekly and daily events and awareness days that will happen throughout March.
You could use the theme or topic of any one or more of these awareness days, and use it to come up with loads of photography marketing content ideas.
Content creation can be simple if you let yourself simply be inspired by events and things that are happening around you. Could a topic remind you of a story worth sharing with your audience, or you may conjure up a memory of an experience that might interest them, for example?
Related reading: How to use awareness days to inspire photography content ideas
Grab your free guide to 2023 awareness days
Before I get onto the list of March awareness days that you might want to look out for in 2023, do take a minute to grab my free printable guide of awareness days. There are literally hundreds in there!
March Awareness Days
Grabbed your awareness days guide? Great! Let’s get started!
If you’re reading this around the time this article was originally published, now’s the time to start creating content for your photography marketing channels for March!
In March there are many awareness days and campaigns, so I’m confident that you should be able to find some that are relevant and that could inspire content ideas you’ve not thought of yet.
Month-long awareness campaigns in March
There are month-long campaigns during March including:
- Women’s History Month
- National Bed Month
- Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month
- Brain Tumour Awareness Month
- Moustache March
- National Crafting Month
- International Ideas Month
- Save Your Vision Month
- Great Daffodil Appeal (Marie Curie)
- Walk All Over Cancer Month
- National Nutrition Month
- Small Press Month
Awareness days and week-long campaigns in March
Now, let’s focus on March awareness days and week-long campaigns. There are around a hundred key dates in March including the following (be sure to grab the free guide for the full list):
*Please note that the dates below apply predominantly to the U.K. in the year 2023, and are subject to change year on year. Although they are correct to the best of my knowledge at the time of publication, please check the dates of any awareness campaigns you plan to use.
Week-long campaigns in March 2023 include:
- Universal Women’s Week (from the 4th)
- Endometriosis Awareness Week (from the 4th)
- World Orphan Week (from the 5th)
- Read an E-book Week (from the 5th)
- Consumer Protection Week (from the 5th)
- Professional Pet Sitters Week (from the 5th)
- Procrastination Week (from the 6th)
- National Careers Week (from the 6th)
- British Pie Week (from the 6th)
- British Science Week (from the 10th)
- Nutrition & Hydration Week (from the 13th)
- Introverts Week (from the 20th )
- Tick Bite Prevention Week (from the 22nd)
In March, as you can see, there are many health-related awareness campaigns taking place. If you’re actively supporting any of the above campaigns, you may well want to talk about that in your content throughout the month in order to increase awareness and give your fundraising efforts a boost.
Or, if you’ve perhaps had personal experience of any of the health conditions mentioned, you could share a story or insight into that if it’s relevant to your story (and if that’s something you’re comfortable with doing).
Awareness days in March: Blog and Instagram post ideas for photographers
- Wedding Planning Day – A great awareness day for wedding photographers, and the perfect opportunity to share tips, recommendations and resources for those who may be currently planning their nuptials.
Why not team up with a non-competitive local wedding business and cross-promote each other’s businesses? Perhaps you could do a live video within your and each other’s communities, sharing wedding planning information that would be useful to those who are newly engaged.
Perhaps create a free downloadable resource and promote this to link in with the wedding planning day?
- World Wildlife Day – This is another campaign that the nature and wildlife photographers among you could naturally use in your content.
You could aim to raise awareness and galvanise support for animal and wildlife conservation efforts that you’re involved in, or highlight the important work of local, national or international wildlife charities and not-for-profit initiatives.
Alternatively, you might want to recommend wildlife photographers, charitable campaigns and other organisations that your audience may wish to follow if they are wildlife lovers.
Simple, light-hearted wildlife-related content would also work. Share a funny wildlife photo you’ve captured, ask your audience to suggest a caption to an unusual wildlife photo you’ve taken, or share a video showing you interacting with wildlife during a photography session. There are endless opportunities!
- International Women’s Day – To show your support for the International Women’s Day campaign, you could help to put the spotlight on women by sharing portraits of women you’ve photographed and a little about their story and your encounter with them (with their consent, of course).
Or, you could share something positive and uplifting in your content about women who you have met or been inspired or influenced by in your personal or professional life, whether a photographer or otherwise. It could be your mum, a friend, a mentor, a campaigner for women’s rights…anyone!
This is something I’ve done myself; create a blog about inspiring female photographers, as nominated by members of my online photography community. Read that here.
- International Ask A Question Day – This is a great opportunity to encourage some interaction between you and your online audience.
You could ask questions of them in online polls, as well as invite them to ask questions of you – perhaps do an “Ask Me Anything” Q&A on social media. Or, you could create some useful content on your website or blog answering the most popular questions that you get asked by prospective clients, and share this once done.
- Spring Equinox – The arrival of Spring is an exciting time for landscape photographers, family portrait photographers who can finally get out and about outdoors with clients, wildlife photographers and so many more.
Share your photos that show the first signs of Spring and promote your Spring offers, products and services. Celebrate the end of Winter and the arrival of a new season!
- Puppy Day – One for pet photographers and pet lovers!
Keep this simple and share photos from recent puppy shoots, share a story about your puppy or dog when they were younger – perhaps a tale of misadventure or something funny or heartwarming to make your audience smile!
Or, use this awareness day to promote dog charities or causes that are close to your heart.
March awareness days can inspire tons of content
I hope that this may have helped to show you how you can use some of the March awareness days in your marketing content this year. Of course, these are just some ideas I’ve put together, and are shared just to give you some quick-fire inspiration on how to apply them to your content.
Don’t overthink this!
Remember, there are many more awareness days in March than those listed above. Download your free guide, cherry-pick a few of the March awareness days that speak to you and then interpret them however you wish.
P.S. Keep checking back to this blog for more similar articles. This is the third instalment of a monthly blog series about content ideas based inspired by national awareness days.
Related reading: February Awareness Days
Good luck with your March content planning!
Leave A Comment